João Vicente Souto and David Ordine, presented their papers at the Escola Regional de Alto Desempenho da Região Sul (ERAD/RS) in Três de Maio, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Their works were advised by Prof. Márcio Castro.
Papers presented at ERAD/RS 2019:
- Impacto de Abstrações IPC sobre o Processador MPPA-256, authored by João Vicente Souto (UFSC), Emmanuel Podestá Junior (UFSC), Pedro Henrique Penna (PUC Minas) and Márcio Castro (UFSC)
- Otimização de Aplicações do CAP Bench para o Processador MPPA-256, authored by David Ordine (UFSC), Emmanuel Podestá Junior (UFSC), Pedro Henrique Penna (PUC Minas), Márcio Castro (UFSC)
LaPeSD, in partnership with the Institute Federal Catarinense/Brazil, Federal Institute of Santa Catarina/Brazil, INESC-ID & Instituto Superior Técnico/Portugal, University of Porto/Portugal, Santa Catarina State University/Brazil, Itaipu Technological Park/Italy, Federal University of Sergipe/Brazil, Federal University of Pampa/Brazil, University of the Planalto Catarinense/Brazil, RIKEN/Japan, and Kyushu University/Japan, has participated and presented four research works at IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2018) in Natal/RN. The following papers were presented during the event:
- A Method to Verify Data Integrity in Graph Databases
Fabio Miranda Reina, Hylson Vescovi Netto, Luciana Rech, Aldelir Fernando Luiz
- Koordinator: A Service Approach for Replicating Docker Containers in Kubernetes
Hylson Vescovi Netto, Aldelir Fernando Luiz, Miguel Correia, Luciana Rech, Caio Pereira Oliveira
- Experimental Evaluation of the Coexistence of IEEE 802.11 EDCA and DCF Mechanisms
José Betiol Júnior, Jim Lau, Luciana Rech, Francisco Vasques, Ricardo Moraes
- REPO: A Microservices Elastic Management System for Cost Reduction in the Cloud
Alex Magalhaes, Luciana Rech, Ricardo Moraes, Francisco Vasques
- An e-Health Study Case Environment Enhanced by the Utilization of a Quality of Context Paradigm
Débora Nazário, Mario Dantas, Douglas D. J. Macedo
- KNOWLEDGE OBSERVATORIES AND THE PROMOTION OF INTELLIGENT TERRITORIES: The Case of the Network of Expertise and Innovation of the Tecnological Park of Itaipu
Denilson Sell, Alessandra Batista, Jose Todesco, Carlos Roberto De Rolt, Biamca Costa Amorim, Mario Dantas, Maria Angelica Jung Marques
- Evaluating the Tools to Analyze the Data from the ParticipACT Brazil Project: A Test with Elasticseach Tools Ecosystem with Twitter Data
Eliza Gomes, Daniel Penz, Viviane Gomes, Carlos Roberto De Rolt, Mario Dantas
- Towards a Hybrid Storage Architecture for IoT
Braulio L. D. C. Junior, Douglas D. J. Macedo, Diego Kreutz, Edward David Moreno, Mario A. R. Dantas
- IORE: A Flexible and Distributed I/O Performance Evaluation Tool for Hyperscale Storage Systems
Eduardo C. Inacio, Mario A. R. Dantas
- Proactive Autonomic Semantic Engine to User Experience-Aware Service Provision
Madalena Pereira da Silva, Felipe Volpato, Mario Antonio Ribeiro Dantas
- Characterizing I/O and Storage Activity on the K Computer for Post-Processing Purpose
Eduardo C. Inacio, Jorji Nonaka, Kenji Ono, Mario A. R. Dantas, Fumiyoshi Shoji
LaPeSD and ECL undergraduate and graduate students have participated and presented their research works at Escola Regional de Alto Desempenho do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (ERAD/RS) in Porto Alegre/RS. The following papers were presented during the event:
- Em Direção a Soluções Distribuídas para Balanceamento de Carga Ciente de Comunicação
Vinicius Marino Calvo Torres de Freitas, Laércio Lima Pilla, Márcio Castro
- Otimização da Comunicação em Aplicações Estêncil Paralelas Implementadas com o PSkel no Processador MPPA-256
Bruno Marques, Emmanuel Podestá Junior, Márcio Castro
LAPESD’s undergraduate students have participated and presented their research works at VII Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC) in Curitiba/PR.
Overall, the following papers were presented during the event:
- Uma Plataforma de Tempo Real para Priorização de Serviços IoT na Nuvem
Alex Pinho Magalhães (UFSC), Luciana Rech (UFSC), Ricardo Moraes (UFSC), Luis Rodrigues (INESC-ID/IST)
- Towards the Use of LITMUS-RT as a Testbed for Multiprocessor Scheduling in Energy Harvesting Real-Time Systems
Lais Borin, Marcio Castro e Patricia Plentz (UFSC)
- Using The Nanvix Instructional Opering Systems in Undergraduate Operating Courses
Pedro Henrique Pena (UFSC), Henrique Cota Freitas, João Caram (PUC-MG), Marcio Castro (UFSC), Jean-François Méhaut (University of Grenoble Alpes)
Márcio Castro’s undergraduate and graduate students have participated and presented their research works at International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD) and at Simpósio em Sistemas Computacionais de Alto Desempenho (WSCAD) in Campinas/SP. Overall, the following papers were presented during the events:
- BinLPT: A Novel Workload-Aware Loop Scheduler for Irregular Parallel Loops, Pedro Henrique Penna (UFSC), Márcio Castro (UFSC), Patricia Plentz (UFSC), Henrique Cota Freitas (PUC Minas), François Broquedis (Université de Grenoble Alpes), Jean-François Méhaut (Université de Grenoble Alpes)
- Automatic Partitioning of Stencil Computations on Heterogeneous Systems, Alyson D. Pereira, Rodrigo C. O. Rocha, Luiz Ramos, Márcio Castro, and Luís F. W. Góes
- Geração Automática de Estênceis Otimizados para GPUs, Alyson Deives Pereira (UFSC), Rodrigo Caetano Rocha (University of Edinburgh), Márcio Castro (UFSC), Luís Fabrício Wanderley Góes (PUC Minas)
- Execução Energeticamente Eficiente de Aplicações Estêncil com o Processador Manycore MPPA-256, Emmanuel Podestá Junior (UFSC), Alyson Deives Pereira (UFSC), Rodrigo Caetano Rocha (University of Edinburgh), Márcio Castro (UFSC), Luís Fabrício Wanderley Góes (PUC Minas)
Rodrigo Rocha, one of the coauthors of the work of Alyson Pereira, presented the paper entitled Extending OpenACC for Efficient Stencil Code Generation and Execution by Skeleton Frameworks at the International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS) in Genoa, Italy. This work was advised by Prof. Márcio Castro.
In this work, Alyson proposed OpenACC extensions to enable efficient code generation and execution of stencil applications by parallel skeleton frameworks such as PSkel. The results show that our stencil extensions may improve the performance of OpenACC in up to 28% and 45% on GPU and CPU, respectively.
Pedro Penna presented his work entitled Assessing the Performance of the SRR Loop Scheduler with Irregular Workloads at the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS) in Zürich, Switzerland. His work is advised by Prof. Márcio Castro and Patricia Plentz.
In this work, Pedro presented a performance and scalability evaluation of the recently-proposed loop scheduling strategy named Smart Round-Robin (SRR). The paper is available for download here.